Monday, May 3, 2010

Shut your mouth


Today was the start of the Oak Street house! The dumpster is in place and the demo has begun. What did I learn today?

The phrase “shut your mouth” could be helpful in many situations (gossiping, secrets, finances, politics, etc). However, it may be most helpful when removing 50 year old carpet and vinyl flooring.

While Trent and I removed the carpet, vinyl, and (totally disgusting beyond words) padding I constantly was coughing and sneezing. Trent’s orders were simple: “shut your mouth.” If only I could have remembered to follow his instructions.

Regardless, all the flooring is out!

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog... I love it! Can't wait to read all about this adventure. Sounds like you've got your work cut out! For the record... if you need to do any work on the roof... I'm a mean shingle-er... pretty much a pro. :) Our garage provided much practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I'm glad the blogosphere hasn't figured out how to offer scratch-n-sniff posts! What an absolute dream house this is. Where was this when we were looking last year?! ;) But I'm sure in a few months' time, it will be a real dream house. Look forward to following the progress.

    ReplyDelete