Monday, May 24, 2010

The other project


Prior to starting on our house project Trent purchased an old, beat up Scout. It's from the 60's (nope, don't remember the exact year) and it looked awful (imagine something looking worse than the house). Well, tonight Trent took a break from the house work and completed the Scout. It looks gorgeous! It will be getting new, cool tires (those 1960'ish ones aren't going to cut it), but other than tires...it's done. Trent drove me around the neighborhood and then I drove him around in it. Personally, I was shocked that I remembered how to drive a stick...it's been a few years. I'm so impressed that Trent totally stripped this vehicle down and re-built it bolt by bolt. (I helped for about 15 minutes when he needed me to push the brake pedal down.) It's just cool!

3 comments:

  1. So fun to finally see a picture of it!!! Tell Trent he rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need Trent to find me an old truck like this and to teach me how to restore them. Too cool.

    ReplyDelete