Monday, August 5, 2013

The Floors, The Floors, The Beautiful Floors


The wood floors on this project house are done.  As promised, here are some additional photos.  The pics don't do the floors justice.  The red color is solely my poor photography skills (the wood has no red coloring in it). 
Here are the specs on the beautiful floors:
 
Wood:  Hickory
Size:  5" wide planks
Extra Stuff:  Distressed with the "hand carved" look.  Obviously, no one carved out strategic chunks - it was done with a machine...but it still looks cool.
Price:  Kind of expensive (in my opinion)
 
 
As our blog states, we generally do everything ourselves on our projects.  However, Trent was gone for a trip to Nicaragua and we didn't want to stop all the work on the house.  Sadly, I have some severe limitations when using a table saw (that was required to put these floors in).  In an effort to help me keep all 10 fingers, we hired out the installation of the floors.  Best decision ever.  We hired Legacy Building Group, LLC out of South Bend.  If you are reading this in FB, I'll add them into the post.  If you are on the blog and want their number or info, leave a comment and I'll gladly provide it.  They did incredible work, showed up on time, cleaned up at the end of each day (it's like they could read my mind) and were extremely trustworthy.  I can't say enough good things about the whole experience!

And yes, Bailey decided to make an appearance in this last shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment