Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cadillac vs County Landfill


This week we started the demo on the project house.  While we aren't gutting the entire house, we're doing enough to make a big mess.  The only way to lose the mess is to make multiple trips to the county landfill and unload our truck/trailer.  If you haven't ever been - it's an experience.  The smell, the fact that you sink 6 inches into....something, everything.  It's just disgusting.

While I've been several times with Trent, yesterday I decided to put on my big girl pants and head to the landfill all on my own.  Actually, I went twice.  Since I'm always in the passenger seat when I go with Trent I was unaware of the rules.  So. Many. Rules.  While they close at 5pm, you must arrive by 4:30.  Your trash has to be covered by a tarp.  You can only pay with cash.  The list goes on and on.  I did not have cash and I did not have the trash covered.  Therefore, I got to head home and grab money and a tarp.  All that being said, I still got the better end of the deal.  What?????  I sound crazy, right?!

Trent offered to take my car into the dealership for the alignment.  He did this on the trade that I would go to the landfill.  I'm 100% certain that no one from Cadillac is reading this blog.  On the ridiculous off chance that someone is, hear this:

You make a gorgeous and incredible vehicle with every bell and whistle known to mankind.  However, I would rather go to the dump on an 88 degree day and unload a truck full of trash alone than deal with Cadillac's service department.  And after his experience yesterday, Trent feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment