Friday, June 7, 2013

First Month


The first month of the storage unit is in the books!  Most small businesses hang their first $1 bill in the office.  Since we don't really have an office and the first bill I received was a $5, I decided to take a pic and post it here.  That's it.  Our first profit.

This month was eventful and full of surprises.  Trent has repaired a bullet hole in a unit (your guess is as good as mine), I've spoken to almost every tenant at this point, we've had a few new tenants join, I've heard "the check is in the mail" one too many times and I've met some wonderful people.  No, we have not had a "Storage War" auction yet, but I see one on the horizon.

Latest lesson:  I received a call from a guy who wanted to rent a new unit.  I told him I could meet him out there at a designated time and I head on out.  We both arrived at the unit, I opened up the garage-style door and walked in.  This was the exact moment I realized that I was recreating a scene from any number of Lifetime murder/mystery movies.  Going forward, I probably won't be walking into an empty storage unit alone with a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment