Thursday, July 26, 2012

Booby Trap


Bailey (cat) has been part of my life since 1999. He is the most nervous, scared-of-everything cat that I have ever met. However, true to his species he simply cannot avoid his curiosity. Our basement is in the process of being drywalled and it's entirely open to the main level. We knew that it was going to be messy, but we assumed Bailey would be far too scared to head into the basement. After finding little paw prints all over EVERYTHING, we decided to try and keep him out of the basement for this week. Eventually (after trying several other things) we were forced to booby trap the stairway. We stuck tape (with the sticky side out) across the stairs. I wasn't paying attention and heard a loud thump as Bailey came tearing into the main level. I'm guessing he got stuck (explaining why our perfect grid of tape is not quite perfect).
I will not surrender to a 10 lb. feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment