Monday, March 19, 2012

Floors



The last two days have been all about floors for us. When we purchased this home the house had carpet (beautiful blue carpet) throughout most of the living area and vinyl flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. When we pulled the carpet up, there were oak floors underneath. They needed to be sanded and stained badly. I had my heart set on a black stain for the floors. Trent wasn't entirely sold, but I convinced him - and I'm glad I did. The dark stain turned out great (sorry - my photos don't do it justice). Please disregard the flesh colored walls...they are obviously going to be a different color.




Unfortunately, the wood floors cannot be walked on for the next 24 hours. However, they have a nice new coat of color on them and (better yet) we have one more item crossed off our "to-do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment