Friday, October 1, 2010

Let there be light, heat, and water



The good news: we officially have lights (throughout the entire house), water, and a furnace. The bad news: we still have no toilets installed. Forget toilets (plural) - I'll just take a toilet. I'm sick of running to McDonald's every hour from all the water and Gatorade I've consumed.
On a more technical and less grumpy note, the plumbing (PEX system) went in like a breeze. I have mentioned before how wonderful this stuff is and let me say it again: easier and cheaper to install. Greatest invention ever.
The heating and cooling is all installed but apparently you don't actually test it out until after the drywall is complete (I'm learning things along the way).
The wiring for the lights is complete and the wiring for the outlets is almost done. Little tidbit we've learned with wiring: whatever amount of wire you think you need for a project, just go ahead and add 30% to it.
Up next: drywall!

No comments:

Post a Comment