Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just about done...with the siding












Thanks to my hardworking husband and a couple of friends (Adam Callender and Daryl McMullen...BIG thanks!) the entire siding project is just about finished! In fact, as of tomorrow evening it should be entirely completed. We could not be more pleased about the way it turned out. Sure, it would have been nice if it would have moved a little faster, not been 95 degrees most days, not have had to buy a rather expensive roofing nail gun to get the nails through the existing siding, and if we (okay, it was me) would not have ruined a few pieces of siding by cutting them too short. But honestly, it was all worth it for the end product.
If you are wondering what the ugly, old, crazy tall antenna is still doing next to the house in the last photo....well, I thought we were taking it down. We were taking it down. Then my (engineer) husband says, "I may want to tinker around with a windmill and that would be a perfect spot for one." Great.

Up next: heating and cooling. Or landscaping. Or electrical and plumbing. I'll let you know what we decide.

1 comment:

  1. Drove by it the other day. Lookin' good.

    ReplyDelete