Monday, June 14, 2010

Weed Killer vs. Spider Spray

Trent requested two tasks of me this past week: spray the poison ivy with weed killer and spray the foundation of the house for spiders. He mentioned both of the tasks in the same conversation. However, he only brought weed killer along (said that he would pick up the anti-spider spray sometime during the week). No problem. I used the weed killer and sprayed everything and anything that looked like poison ivy (which is everything that doesn't look like grass since I still can't identify poison ivy). I paid zero attention to the name on the bottle...zero. I did pay attention to the fact that it was hard to squeeze, took forever to come out, didn't seem to spray consistently, and all around just didn't work right. A day later Trent mentioned that I should probably spray the poison ivy again...just to make sure we really kill it. Fast forward to this past weekend. I arrive at the house prior to Trent. I'm trying to think of something productive to do before he arrives.....Ahh: spray the poison ivy again. I head into the garage, find the spray, and start spraying every single livin' weed on the property. I pay zero attention to the name on the bottle...zero. I do pay attention to the fact that the spray-nozzle-thingy seems to miraculously be healed. It sprays great! Trent shows up (as I'm finishing), looks at the bottle I'm holding and says, "thanks for spraying the house for spiders! Did you read the directions on where and how to spray before you started?" Ummmm......no, I apparently didn't read much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment